Rodents can spread fatal diseases and parasites by contaminating food and causing damage to our homes. It’s important to control them quickly when they have been spotted. They can jump, run, swim and climb up walls and will find themselves in the smallest of gaps.
To identify they’re in your home, you’ll be able to smell or hear them. Other evidence is:
- Gnawing damage
- Burrows and nests
- Smear marks
- Gnawed food
If you see a live rat and it is trapped in your living space (not the loft), you must call our Customer Service Centre immediately to get somebody to attend.
To control the rodents in your home you can follow these tips:
- Eliminate access to any food sources
- Seal entry points to the building or call us to send somebody out to do this
- You are encouraged to leave a mouse, squirrel, glis glis, rat trap and bait if you feel like you can resolve the issue yourself
Mitie Pest Control can help to proof, trap and poison the rodents:
- Rat or mouse treatments will typically involve two or sometimes three visits
- A trapping programme for glis glis could involve daily visits for up to eight weeks.